Latrobe Regional Health Stage 3A
Client: Victorian Health and Building Authority
Architect: Billard Leece
Completion date: December 2023
Built will deliver some highly complex areas and services of the hospital which include:
- The Acute building which houses seven operating theatres, a central sterilisation services department, and 32 recovery bays
- IPU buildings with two new inpatient units, each with 32 beds
- An ICU with 16 new beds
- A maternity unit consisting of 24 beds, six birthing suites, 12-cot special care nursery, and a 10-bed paediatric unit
- Fitout of an additional emergency department resus
- A medical imaging department
- A pathology department
- Commercial grade kitchen fitout
- An extension to the loading dock to create new EnviroHub and back-of-house facilities
Our team began cultivating relationships through a detailed three stage buildability review which assisted in the development of Victorian Health and Building Authority (VHBA)’s methodology and tender release pack.
Built’s appreciation for the client’s project deliverables, including engaging with the local community, were integral to securing this high-profile health infrastructure project.